France’s premier summer music festival La Route Du Rock will take place this coming August 13-16th 2014.
This 24th birthday of the festival has a characteristically daring lineup of internationally renowned artists. Held in and around the beautiful walled seaside city of St. Malo on Brittany’s Emerald Coast, La Route Du Rock has seen headline performances from Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey, The Cure, Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, The National, TV On The Radio and The XX in recent years, and always has a great international supporting bill of up-and-coming bands.
With a beach stage in the daytime and a spectacular castle stage by night, La Route Du Rock mixes amazing lineups with a truly stunning setting. Over the years, La Route du Rock has carved out a place in the cultural landscape of European festivals, becoming an unmissable summer gathering for curious, open minded festival goers who are eager for exciting sounds.
Around thirty bands will perform in three amazing venues on the glorious Emerald Coast:
- Beach stage: the days begin with concerts and downtempo mixes on one of the most beautiful beaches in Saint-Malo.
- Castle stage: the nights step up a gear at the spectacular Fort de Saint-Pere, an 18th Century Vauban castle.
- La Nouvelle Vague: An opening evening will be held at La Nouvelle Vague on August 13th. Unlike the beach and castle stages, the performances given in this live-music venue won’t be included in the 3 Days Pass nor in the Ferry Package.
How To Get There:
- Ferries : St. Malo is easily accessible by ferry from Portsmouth, Poole… on the south coast – with discounts available for UK festival goers
- Airports : Ryan Air Dinard Airport (Dinard > St. Malo: 10km) & Rennes Airport : 50 min from St Malo by car
- Train : Access to St Malo train station available from anywhere in Europe : http://www.voyages-sncf.co.uk/
On site facilities:
- La Route du Rock offers free camping to all ticket holders. The campsite will be open from 2pm on Wedneseday August 13th to 12am on Sunday August 17th. The campsite has free toilets and showers and is only a 5 minute walk to the main venue.
- Free parking
- Free shuttles from the campsite to the ferry terminal, the St Malo train station, La Nouvelle Vague venue, the city center, the beach and the local mall and supermarket
- Bars & Food stands
- Free left-luggage office
Accomodation & tourism:
- You can visit the St Malo tourism office’s website for more infos on hotels and hostels’ bookings and to know more about the area and the tourism activites available : http://www.saint-malo-tourisme.co.uk/